Monday, May 2, 2011

Olive, You're a Person Now!

Dear Olive,

Many, many things have been going on lately and I can't keep up! You had your first Easter and we gave you your first taste of "solid" food. It was pretty much a mess!

Since then however, you've had bananas AND apples and I must say you are keeping most of it in quite nicely. Yesterday I roasted 5 organic apples in the oven and mashed them up for you (and me) and I am sorry to say you'll be eating that for the next few days. Exciting I know, but it's what they say I have to do. One food at a time my dear!

We've been walking a lot with our friend Summer and you just can't get the hang of sleeping in a stroller. Yesterday we had the first BBQ jam day at her house. There was a good crowd there and lots of musical instruments. I have a feeling you are going to have a beat.


You're now rolling, scooting, and making me pay even more attention to you! Sometimes you scoot across the whole living room rug and freak me out! I feel like I had so much to tell you about the past few weeks but now I'm forgetting. Oh I know, you keep getting dreadlocks and they keep falling off and then you get more. I can't tell you how many people stop and tug on your hair, "She's got something in her hair..."

We took you up to the cabin and hiked around... doesn't your dad look like a sasquash in the woods?

He has since gotten a hair cut and looks all grown up now (especially since he got a blue tooth and thinks he is cool.)

There are so many things I don't want to forget.. like the way you vigorously kick your legs when someone's holding you outward. You just get super happy and KICK KICK KICK. It's cute. Well this is good enough for now, I'll try to post next time you do something I want to remember someday!!!

We are just so amazed at how much of a little person you've become. You aren't a blob anymore. Nope. You notice when I leave a room, you respond to singing and laughing, and you can almost (almost) be reasoned with. Love you little bean sprout!

1 comment:

  1. Olive is a little character . . . so full of fun faces and those great looks she gives us all. Love her to pieces.

    ReplyDelete