Saturday, June 25, 2011

The Next Olive

Dear Olive,

I'm so sorry I have not been writing, but that doesn't mean there isn't a ton going on with you! You are starting to sit up on your own and making some attempts to crawl, but you end up getting frustrated at that point. You're completely bored with any of your old toys and I've been digging around in all my reserves to keep you happy. My favorite thing is to put you in your new high chair and bring you into the kitchen with me so I can accomplish a few things. Pretty much you want whatever things are NOT toys and within your reach. Why do you gravitate so much to things you are not supposed to have?

I've been making you big batches of baby food and then pouring them into ice cube trays to freeze. I'm going to do that with a lot of your food so I can have little cubes of it ready when I need them. You're not much for milk, but you LOVE eating with a spoon! It's absolutely ridiculously messy. I think your favorite thing is avocado. It's also my favorite because it takes no work at all. Just open it up and plop it down and you go crazy.

You were being a lot fussier and I wasn't sure why, but I think a lot of it had to do with you needing different things and more interaction when you're playing. Since I have stopped doing ANYTHING productive around the house and have given you more attention, you seem happier. Shocking.

I also think you might FINALLY be going through a growth spurt and you need to eat a little more than I'm used to. You're a little pip squeak right now! You are doing really good with grabbing little pieces of food and it keeps you happy and occupied when I do need to get something done. I like to give you dried mango for you to gnaw on but it gets slippery and the other day it went all the way in your mouth and down your throat before you gagged it back out. I have to give you REALLY big pieces or else none at all. Take a look at yourself happily shoving a piece of dried mango in your mouth. Yum Yum.

No comments:

Post a Comment