Friday, March 18, 2011

Sleep Monster

Dear Olive,

I haven't figured you out yet, but I'm on my way. You still are not a fan of napping, but at least you're making up for it at night.

The other night you were SO tired you took what I thought was a nap at 5:45 pm. A couple hours later I thought to myself, "I'd better wake up Olive so she can play and eat a bit more."  Well I tried to wake you and you WERE NOT HAPPY. So I went with my instinct on this one and just put you back to sleep, even though I was afraid you'd wake up at like 2 am and be ready to start the day.

I couldn't believe it, but you slept all the way until dad went to work at 5:45 the next morning and after I fed you in your sleep (you were just restless) you slept again until 8:30.

That's kind of... a LOT of sleep! Is that even good? Anyway you don't do that all the time, but it was pretty nice for me. Even though you hate naps, I'm glad you understand bed time.

You and I are going to need to start getting out of the house more for walks though, because I think dad is sick of seeing me in my baggy clothes. Plus even though you are sleeping like a log all night, I'm just laying awake thinking, sometimes for hours.

Today we went for a walk around the bay and once again, Ben Gibbard put you to sleep in the stroller while I tried to get my sweat on.

Oh yeah and I almost forgot, last weekend we went to the Indie fest and I let you try some hummus. Sshh don't tell anyone because you are not supposed to try real food for a while longer still. It was roasted red bell pepper too, but hey, you actually liked it. Your dad tried to get you to taste some frosting last week and you didn't like it, so at least you take after me and like your veggies!

Here are some pics... the farmer's market, the indie fest (check out all the pink thanks to the groove kitties) and some cozy time with dad.

1 comment: